Planning & Development
Farmville Land Use Plan Update
The Town of Farmville recently updated its Land Use Plan. The Land Use Plan can be viewed here. The plan will guide future development, preservation efforts, services and infrastructure priorities for the next 5 to 10 years. The plan addresses land use and development design, economic development, housing, parks and recreation, infrastructure and other key topics. Thanks for everyone who participated in the process. The Planning Board and Board of Commissioners will be discussing key implementation steps over the fall and winter of 2022.
Pitt County Comprehensive Transportation Plan
The Transportation Planning Division of the North Carolina Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Pitt County, the Greenville Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization, and the Mid-East Rural Planning Organization, is developing a Comprehensive Transportation Plan for the County. A Comprehensive Transportation Plan is a long-range planning document that will assist local governments in making transportation decisions for the next 25-30 years. Your participation is essential in identifying transportation needs for Pitt County.
CTP Survey: https://publicinput.com/Pitt-County-CTP
New Zoning Compliance Permit
Beginning July 1st 2020, the Town of Farmville will begin requiring a Zoning Compliance Permit be obtained prior to:
- Construction of any new Principal and Accessory Structures
- Additions to Existing Structures
- Commercial Occupancy of Existing Structures
- Installation of Fences and Signs
For more information, please see the following:
Link the attached brochure here
This department is responsible for:
- Code enforcement
- Reviewing/Approving site plans and blue prints
- Receiving applications for Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical permits
- Issuing Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical permits
- Inspections on permitted construction and installation work in process, to enforce State codes for construction, as well as performing fire inspections on existing buildings/businesses and minimum housing inspections on homes in order to maintain compliance with minimum housing standards.
- Maintaining construction and inspection records
- Reporting construction and inspection records to County, State, and Federal Government as required by law.
- Health and Safety Violations
- Storm drainage improvements for the town and the towns extra territorial jurisdiction
- All contractors must obtain a privilege license with the Town of Farmville prior to any permits being issued.
- Building permits require two sets of plans being turned in along with the permit application form.
- Plan review time approximately 5 days.
- All other permits require permit application form. Additional information may be requested.
- Burning permits may be applied for in person.
To schedule an inspection call (252) 753-5921. Contractors must have their permit number when requesting an inspection.
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 4:00pm
(last inspection scheduled at 3:30pm)
Friday: 8:00am to 12:00 noon
(last inspection scheduled at 11:30am)
All inspections called in prior to 10:00am will be put on the schedule for that day as long as there are times available.
Inspections called in after 10:00am will be scheduled for the following business day.
Method of Payments Accepted – Check, Cash, Credit Card
- Basic Information About Flood Insurance
- Development Permit Application (Building, Electrical, Mechanical)
- Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance
- Floodproofing Information
- Food Truck Permit (One Time)
- Food Truck Permit (Town Sponsored Event)
- General Code of Ordinances
- Land Use Plan
- NFIP FloodSmart
- NFIP Preferred Risk Policy
- Permit Fees
- Rezoning Application
- Special Use Application
- Text Amendment Application
- Variance Application
- Zoning Ordinances
- Zoning Map
- Zoning Compliance Application